This salad is just so delicious and simple. If you want a quick dinner, this is a perfect choice – it only takes 15 to 25 minutes, depending how speedy you are in the kitchen. The good-looking cherry tomatoes and asparagus that were on offer at my local grocer inspired this recipe.
- 300g green beans
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 cup shaved almonds
- 180g soft goats cheese
- 2 punnets cherry tomato
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 80g prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees, fan forced
- While the oven is heating, get a medium sized saucepan and fill it with water, bring to the boil
- Put a fry pan on a medium heat, once hot add shaved almonds and toast until browned. Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl
- Using the same fry pan you used for the almonds, heat it to a medium heat and drizzle olive oil into the pan. Prepare asparagus by cleaning and cutting off the woody end of the stalk. Once the pan is hot, add in the asparagus – cook until just tender. Remove from the pan and place on a long serving platter. Add lemon juice
- In a baking tray, add olive oil and then add in the cherry tomatoes. Season well and add balsamic vinegar. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, until blistered.
- Top and tail the beans. Once the saucepan full of water is boiling, add in green beans and blanch until just cooked but still crispy. Remove beans from boiling water and dry
- Place beans on to the platter with the asparagus. Season well.
- Remove cherry tomatoes from the oven and scatter them on top of the beans and asparagus. Drizzle the juice that’s left over in the baking dish, onto the tomatoes, beans and asparagus.
- Roughly place prosciutto around the platter, add half teaspoons of goats cheese as well
- Finish by scattering with toasted shaved almonds and a good drizzle of olive oil
- Don’t go for thick asparagus, it’s the most likely to taste woody – the skinner the better
- Don’t over cook your greens, simple tip – but easy to do
- Toast extra shaved almonds and serve in a bowl beside the salad so you can add additional crunch, as you please